6 Tips from a Mississauga Electrical Contractor for an Effective Lighting for Your Company
Lighting is very vital for your business. It ensures that properties and employees at work are secure. It also makes the business place stunning. It makes your employees healthy and comfortable hence they become more productive. Proper lighting can help the business save a lot of power and spend less on electrical bills. While on the other hand, bad lighting may be costly to the business; it makes employees uneasy at work and hence this affects their productivity. Having a good lighting design may go a long way in saving costs and boosting productivity. You can do this by hiring a Mississauga electrical contractor who will develop a cost effective lighting design for your business.
While proper planning for lighting your business is needed, you need to take some measures for effective lighting at work. You can discuss with your employees their preferred lighting designs and you may also consult a professional electrician to help you. The following are some tips that will help your business save on lighting:
- Clean and check your lighting system often- The buildup of dirt and dust on lighting systems can greatly lower your light energy. At work, you can have someone in charge of lighting; this individual will be responsible for cleaning lighting systems surface for rust, dents and scratches. Rust affects how a lighting system inside surface reflects light which leads to poor lighting that may make employees uncomfortable.
When you are cleaning ensure you are using the most suitable detergents from the manufacturer. Some of the cleaning agents may cause the lighting system to deteriorate. You can use nonabrasive cleaner to clean glass lighting system and wipe them with a dry clean cotton cloth.
- Use lighting reflectors and motion detectors- Use digital timers or motion detectors to automatically switch off light in areas that are not frequently used. Use silver or aluminum reflectors for overhead lighting. These reflectors need fewer lamps to produce the same brightness which will help lower internal heat from lighting. As a result it lowers air condition costs.
- Use an automatic building management system. This system can be programmed to automatically control lighting at work. This will help save energy by turning off lighting in some places at work that are not being used.
- Fix dimmer and dual switches- Contact an electrician to install dual and dimmer switches. Dual switch will help control same lighting from different locations while dimmers adjust lights to lower levels in places they are not used.
- Upgrade lighting at work- In case you are using bulbs that consume a lot of power, you may consider investing in other bulbs for lighting that are energy saving. Some of these bulbs you can invest in are LED bulbs, compact fluorescent lamps, etc.
- Use photocell sensors for outside lighting- Photocell sensors are used to automatically switch on outside lighting at sunset and switch off at sunrise. To install photocell sensors, contact a competent and experienced electrician.
If you want to improve lighting at work so that you save on energy costs and enhance productivity, hire a Mississauga electrical contractor. You need a professional team of electricians who are capable of designing a cost effective lighting plan for your business at a cheaper price. They will not only help boost the health, security and productivity of your employees but also make the work environment more eye-catching with the lighting design and installation.